Sunday, June 28, 2009
Red Bean Paste Pancake
I bought this metal pan from Sun Lik. I thought it will be easier to make small pancake but the pan is a good conductor of heat and it brown the pancake to fast before it is cook. So I have to adjust the fire every minutes.:( I think a non-stick frying pan will do a better job than this.
70g cake flour
1/2tsp baking powder
30g butter (melted)
red bean paste
1. Shift the cake flour and baking powder together and leave it aside.
2. Use a cake mixer to whisk the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. (Do the ribbon test: Use the whisk to spoon some batter, drip some into the mixing bowl. If it stay visible for a while then this is the right stage.)
3. Gently fold in flour, follow by milk.
4. Lastly fold in the melted butter until well combined.
5. Cover and rest in the fridge for 1/2hrs.
6. Heat up the pan and lightly grease the surface.
7. Pour some batter in the cavity of the pan.
8. Cook until bubbly on top and brown underneath, then put some red bean paste on the surface.
9. Cover it with another pancake and flip it over and cook for a while or until cook.
10.Remove and serve.
Note: If you are using a non-stick pan then no need to grease the pan.