Sunday, April 16, 2017
160g bread flour
30g cake flour
1tsp instant yeast
30g caster sugar
40g warm milk
30g warm water
1thsp warm whipping cream
adequate roasted pork, chopped and mix with some roasted pork sauce
1. In a big mixing bowl mix both flours, yeast, sugar and salt together.
2. Pour all liquid and egg into dry ingredients.
3. With a spatula, mix ingredients together till it form a dough.
4. Lastly, add in butter and hand knead butter into dough.
5. Place dough on table top and hand knead till it achieve a smooth and elastic dough.
6. Put dough in a greased bowl, cover and let it proof for an hour.
7. Knock down proof dough, hand knead on tabletop for a while.
8. Divide dough into 6 equal portions and roll them into balls .
9. Cover and rest for another 10mins.
10.Flatten dough, with a rolling pin roll out dough into an oval.
11.Spoon some roasted pork and place it in the middle of dough.
12.Brush some water at the edges and fold in dough.
13.Pinch edges firmly to seal dough.
14.Arrange them in a tray lined with grease proof paper.
15.Cover and leave it proof for 45mins or till it doubled in size.
16.Arrange 3 doughs on a 'Happy Call' non-stick frying pan put on lid.
17.Cook over low heat for approximate 5-8mins for both sides or flip over once it brown.
18.Remove buns from pan and cool on wire rack.
Friday, April 14, 2017
200g Taiwan bread flour
1tsp instant yeast
2tsp raw sugar
40g gula meleka (chopped)
1 egg yolk
1 1/2tbsp coconut oil
1tsp desiccated coconut
1. Pour water and chopped gula meleka into a small pot.
2. Simmer over low heat till gula meleka melt.
3. Remove form heat and set aside.
4. In a big mixing bowl mix flour, yeast, sugar and salt together.
5. In a bowl mix syrup, milk, egg yolk and coconut oil together.
6. Pour the liquid mixture into dry ingredients.
7. With a spatula, mix ingredients together till it form a sticky dough.
9. Place dough on a lightly floured table top and hand knead till it achieve a smooth and elastic dough.
10.Put dough in a greased bowl, cover and let it proof for an hour.
11.Knock down proof dough, hand knead on tabletop for a while.
12.Divide dough into 6pcs, roll each dough into ball .
13.Cover and rest for another 15mins.
14.Flatten dough, with a rolling pin roll out dough into thin piece.
15.Roll up dough just like rolling swiss roll.
16.Arrange them in a greased baking tray.
17.Cover and leave it proof for 45mins until it doubled in size.
18.Preheat oven to 170C.
19.Brush surface of dough with egg white and sprinkle desiccated coconut over it.
20.Bake in a preheated oven for 15-18mins till buns surface is browned.
21.Remove buns from pan and cool it on a wire rack.
Saturday, April 8, 2017
Ingredients (yield 8 cupcakes)
35g raw sugar
70g plain flour
1tbsp veg. oil
adequate grated cheese
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Lined cupcake tray with paper casing and set aside.
3. With a electric hand whisk, whisk eggs, sugar and honey at high speed till it double in volume, switch to low speed and continue to whisk till pale, thick and fluffy.
4. Add oil into egg batter and whisk at medium high speed till combined.
5. Sift flour and salt into cake batter in 2 portions, fold in till well combined.
6. Spoon batter into cupcake tray till 90% full.
7. Lightly tap tray on table top to burst air bubbles in batter.
8. Sprinkle some grated cheese on batter surface.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15mins.
10.Remove cakes from tin and cool them on wire rack.
Friday, April 7, 2017
Recipe source is from SCS Dairy Singapore Facebook.
Ingredients (yield 6 cakes)
100g unsalted butter
110g baking chocolate
95g icing sugar (sifted)
2 egg yolk
50g plain flour (sifted)
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Greased 6 holes big muffins tray with butter, set aside.
3. Melted butter and chocolate together over double boiler.
4. Remove from heat stir in icing sugar and mix well.
5. Add in eggs and egg yolk into chocolate batter and mix till combined.
6. Lastly add in flour and salt and whisk till smooth batter.
7. Pour batter into muffins tray.
8. Bake in preheated oven for approximate 9-10mins. (Observe: Cake rises , cake crust formed around outer layer of surface, centre is soft batter like texture and slightly sink in. It done, don't over bake it. If not it will not have the sticky river of molten lava flow out of the cake.)
9. Loosen edges of cake and slowly remove it.
10.Serve cake warm, dusting cake with icing sugar and serve with ice-cream or whipped whipping cream.
Sunday, April 2, 2017
Recipe from 'Dailydelicious', Easy Blueberry Scones: The easiest scone!
150g cake flour
30g raw sugar
5g baking powder
40g plain yogurt
45g unsalted butter (melted)
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. In a mixing bowl pour in cake flour, raw sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. With a hand whisk, mix dry ingredients together.
4. Add in raisins and stir.
5. In a small bowl pour in melted butter, milk, yogurt and egg.
6. Whisk till combined.
7. Pour wet ingredient into the dry ingredients.
8. With a spatula, mix till form a soft dough.
9. Grab some dough and roll lightly into balls.
10.Place it on a greased baking tray.
11.Bake in preheated oven for 15-18mins.