Friday, April 14, 2017
Gula Meleka Buns
200g Taiwan bread flour
1tsp instant yeast
2tsp raw sugar
40g gula meleka (chopped)
1 egg yolk
1 1/2tbsp coconut oil
1tsp desiccated coconut
1. Pour water and chopped gula meleka into a small pot.
2. Simmer over low heat till gula meleka melt.
3. Remove form heat and set aside.
4. In a big mixing bowl mix flour, yeast, sugar and salt together.
5. In a bowl mix syrup, milk, egg yolk and coconut oil together.
6. Pour the liquid mixture into dry ingredients.
7. With a spatula, mix ingredients together till it form a sticky dough.
9. Place dough on a lightly floured table top and hand knead till it achieve a smooth and elastic dough.
10.Put dough in a greased bowl, cover and let it proof for an hour.
11.Knock down proof dough, hand knead on tabletop for a while.
12.Divide dough into 6pcs, roll each dough into ball .
13.Cover and rest for another 15mins.
14.Flatten dough, with a rolling pin roll out dough into thin piece.
15.Roll up dough just like rolling swiss roll.
16.Arrange them in a greased baking tray.
17.Cover and leave it proof for 45mins until it doubled in size.
18.Preheat oven to 170C.
19.Brush surface of dough with egg white and sprinkle desiccated coconut over it.
20.Bake in a preheated oven for 15-18mins till buns surface is browned.
21.Remove buns from pan and cool it on a wire rack.