Few weeks ago, I bought a new oven ROWENTA OC7891. This oven is good for cooking as it has a bigger capacity for cooking two dishes at a time as compared to my previous oven. It can cook/bake from a cold start in other word you don't have to preheat the oven. There is a good function which I like about is that bread dough can be proof in it (I haven't try out this function yet.).
I had tried out dishes but no time to try out any bakes. Last week, I had planned that today I had to try out bakes with my new oven. Today, I had spent half a day baking only sponge cakes. Unfortunately, I faced some problem during baking. Sigh! :( I tell myself that I had to find more time trying out other recipes in order to understand this oven.
Recipe source from 'Nasi Lemak Lover' - Orange sponge Cupcakes. I like to said Thanks to 'Nasi Lemak Lover' for giving a clear details on this recipe. My boys loved it so much and they hoped next round I could add cocoa powder to this orange sponge cupcakes. ;p
Sunday, July 21, 2013
Ingredients (yield 8 cupcakes)
2 large eggs
55g caster sugar
65g all purpose flour
1tbsp veg. oil
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. Lined cupcake tray with paper casing and set aside.
3. Use a cake mixer whisk eggs and sugar until thick and fluffy.
4. Warm milk and oil together.
5. Pour warm liquid into cake batter and continue to whisk at medium high speed till well combined.
4. Sift flour into cake batter in 3 portions and fold in till well combined. (I used hand whisk to fold in.)
5. Spoon batter into cupcake tray until 80% full.
6. Lightly tap tray on table top to burst air bubbles in the batter.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15mins.
8. Remove cakes from tin and cool them on a wire rack.