Thursday, December 28, 2017
Sunday, December 24, 2017
50g caster sugar
60g butter (melted)
*(I had run out of butter so I used 52g butter and 2tsp of coconut oil.)
80g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
1/4tsp pandan paste
1tbsp pandan juice
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Grease and lightly flour seashell mold, knock off excess flour and set it aside.
3. Sift cake flour, salt and baking powder together, set aside.
4. Mix melted butter, milk, pandan juice and pandan paste together, set aside.
5. With a cake mixer, whisk eggs and sugar till light and fluffy.
6. Fold flour in 2 portions into egg batter and mix till well blended.
7. Pour butter mixture in 2 portions into cake batter and mix till well blended.
8. Fill each seashell well with batter till full.
9. Tap mold on tabletop to burst air bubbles in cake batter.
10.Bake in preheated oven for 12-14mins till golden brown.
11.Remove cakes from mold and cool it on a wire rack.
Friday, December 15, 2017
110g unsalted butter (cold butter)
50g icing sugar
1/4tsp vanilla paste
125g plain flour
1tbsp corn flour
1tsp cocoa powder
30g chocolate chips
1. Sift flour, salt and corn flour together set aside.
2. Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Fold in flour mixture till it form a soft dough.
4. Divide dough into two portions.
5. One cookies dough portion add in chocolate chips and mix well.
6. Another cookies dough portion add in cocoa powder and mix well.
7. Place chocolate chip cookies dough onto a shortbread cookies mould, press and shape into a long block.
8. Place chocolate cookies dough over chocolate chip cookies dough, press and shape into a long block.
9. Wrap it up and rest in fridge for an hour till it harden.
10.Preheat oven at 160C.
11.Remove cookies dough from fridge, remove plastic wrap and cut into thin slice about 0.4cm thick.
12.Arrange cookies dough on a greased tray.
13.Bake in a preheated oven for 18mins until slightly firm.
14.Cool cookies on wire rack and store in an airtight containers.
Monday, December 11, 2017
Sunday, December 3, 2017
3 egg white
55g castor sugar
4 egg yolk
40g cake flour
15g corn flour
45g butter (melted)
adequate homemade strawberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Lined and greased a 10" by 10" tray, set aside.
3. Sift cake flour, corn flour and salt together, set aside.
4. With a cake mixer, whisk egg whites until foamy.
5. Add in castor sugar gradually and whisk till stiff peaks form.
6. Switch mixer speed to medium, slowly add in egg yolks and whisk for another minute till well blended.
7. Fold flour into egg batter lightly in 3 portions until well blended.
8. Lastly, fold melted butter into batter until well blended.
9. Pour batter into prepared tray, spread out batter and smooth surface.
10.Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins.
11.Remove sponge from tray, peel off paper and cool it on a wire rack with crust facing up.
Assemble the sponge:
1. Carefully transfer sponge onto a greaseproof paper with skin facing down.
2. Spread jam onto sponge.
3. Gently roll sponge by using paper to lift and guide roll.
4. Rest roll in fridge to stabilize it shape.
5. Remove, slice and serve.