Friday, December 15, 2017
Chocolate Chips Shortbread Cookies
110g unsalted butter (cold butter)
50g icing sugar
1/4tsp vanilla paste
125g plain flour
1tbsp corn flour
1tsp cocoa powder
30g chocolate chips
1. Sift flour, salt and corn flour together set aside.
2. Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Fold in flour mixture till it form a soft dough.
4. Divide dough into two portions.
5. One cookies dough portion add in chocolate chips and mix well.
6. Another cookies dough portion add in cocoa powder and mix well.
7. Place chocolate chip cookies dough onto a shortbread cookies mould, press and shape into a long block.
8. Place chocolate cookies dough over chocolate chip cookies dough, press and shape into a long block.
9. Wrap it up and rest in fridge for an hour till it harden.
10.Preheat oven at 160C.
11.Remove cookies dough from fridge, remove plastic wrap and cut into thin slice about 0.4cm thick.
12.Arrange cookies dough on a greased tray.
13.Bake in a preheated oven for 18mins until slightly firm.
14.Cool cookies on wire rack and store in an airtight containers.