Sunday, September 24, 2017
50g veg. oil
55g cake flour (sift)
5g cocoa powder
4 egg yolk
40g chocolate milk
1/4tsp chocolate paste
4 egg white
50g caster sugar
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 110C.
2. Line base and sides of a rectangular pan (16cm x 21cm x 4cm) with grease proof paper.
3. Double wrap tin base and surrounding with foil, set aside.
4. Pour oil in a bowl and heat it up in microwave for 2mins.
5. Add cake flour into hot oil and stir till mixture is smooth.
6. Transfer cooked dough into a bigger bowl and stir in chocolate milk, salt and chocolate paste till mixture is smooth.
7. Lastly, stir in egg yolk and mix till smooth, set aside.
8. In a clean mixing bowl whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
9. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
10.Fold in 1/3 of the meringue into egg yolk batter and mix till combined.
11.Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in two portions until well combined.
12.Pour cake batter into prepared pan, smooth surface and tap pan on tabletop to burst air bubbles.
13.Steam-bake cake in a preheated oven for 50mins. (Adjust oven temperature and baking time according to your oven heating power.)
14.Then increase oven temperature to 130C and bake for another 20mins.
15.Remove cake pan from oven, lift up grease proof paper to remove cake from pan.
16.Leave cake to cool on a wire rack.