Monday, May 20, 2019
Saturday, May 4, 2019
Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Monday, January 1, 2018
3 egg yolk
25g veg. oil
65g honey citron tea jam
1tbsp hot water
70g cake flour (sifted)
3 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 160C.
2. With a hand whisk, whisk egg yolk, salt and oil together.
3. Dissolve honey citron tea jam in hot water.
4. Add honey citron tea into egg yolk batter and mix well.
5. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
6. With a cake mixer, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
7. Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
8. Fold in 1/4 of meringue into egg yolk batter until blended.
9. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 2 portions until well combined.
10.Pour batter into a 19cm tube pan, tap pan lightly on table top to burst air bubbles.
11.Put pan into preheated oven and bake for 35-40mins.
12.Remove from oven, invert cake pan and let it cool.
13.Remove cake from pan and serve.
Thursday, December 28, 2017
Sunday, December 24, 2017
50g caster sugar
60g butter (melted)
*(I had run out of butter so I used 52g butter and 2tsp of coconut oil.)
80g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
1/4tsp pandan paste
1tbsp pandan juice
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Grease and lightly flour seashell mold, knock off excess flour and set it aside.
3. Sift cake flour, salt and baking powder together, set aside.
4. Mix melted butter, milk, pandan juice and pandan paste together, set aside.
5. With a cake mixer, whisk eggs and sugar till light and fluffy.
6. Fold flour in 2 portions into egg batter and mix till well blended.
7. Pour butter mixture in 2 portions into cake batter and mix till well blended.
8. Fill each seashell well with batter till full.
9. Tap mold on tabletop to burst air bubbles in cake batter.
10.Bake in preheated oven for 12-14mins till golden brown.
11.Remove cakes from mold and cool it on a wire rack.