Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Sunday, November 24, 2013
185g unsalted butter
130g caster sugar
3 eggs (about 240g)
60g coffee drink
1/2tsp coffee paste
185g cake flour
1tsp baking powder
20g ground hazelnut
1/2tsp cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Lined base and side of a 7 inches round tin and set aside.
3. Sift cake flour, baking powder, salt and ground hazelnut together, set aside.
4. Stir coffee paste into coffee and set aside.
5. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
6. Slowly beat in egg until well combined.(If batter curdle add in some flour.)
7. Fold in flour and coffee alternately until well combined.
8. Scoop 1/4 of the cake batter into a small bowl and mix in cocoa powder.
9. Pour 1/2 of the plain batter into cake tin, drop some of chocolate batter on the plain batter.
10.Repeat the step again, use a knife and swirl it to make marble effects.
11.Bake in preheated oven for 45-50mins, if skewer comes out clean when inserted into cake then it done.
12.Leave cake to cool in tin for 10mins then remove it and cool on a wire rack.
Sunday, November 3, 2013
100g demerara sugar
1/2tsp vanilla essence
150g plain flour
2tbsp potato flour
1/4tsp baking soda
1/4tsp baking powder
100g chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven at 175C.
2. Cream butter, salt and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Slowly beat in the egg and vanilla essence until well combined.
4. Sift the flour, photo flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
5. Fold in flour mixture into Step 3 and mix to form a soft dough.
6. Add in chocolate chips and mix till combined, wrap dough up and rest in the fridge for 1/2 hour.
7. With two small spoons, scoop small amount of dough and place them on a greased tray.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for 15mins until slightly firm.
9. Cool on wire rack and keep in an airtight containers.
Saturday, November 2, 2013
Recipe (1-2 serving)
50g brown rice (washed)
50g minced meat
100g pumpkin (without skin)
2 dried mushroom (soaked)
1. Pour brown rice and water into a small pot and bring it to a boil.
2. Put on lid, off the heat and let it sit for half an hour.
3. Cut off stalk of mushroom and diced it.
4. Cut pumpkin into small cubes.
5. With medium low heat, bring the pot of brown rice to a boil again.
6. Remove lid add in diced mushroom, stir and cook for 5mins.
7. Add in pumpkin cubes and cook for another 7-8mins.
8. Add in minced meat, stir and let it cook for further 12mins till pumpkin is soften and meat is cook though.
9. Lastly add in soy sauce and salt to taste.
10.Cover with lid, off heat and let it sit for a while for congee to thicken.
11.Serve in a bowl with dash of sesame oil.