Sunday, November 24, 2013
Coffee Marble Cake
185g unsalted butter
130g caster sugar
3 eggs (about 240g)
60g coffee drink
1/2tsp coffee paste
185g cake flour
1tsp baking powder
20g ground hazelnut
1/2tsp cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Lined base and side of a 7 inches round tin and set aside.
3. Sift cake flour, baking powder, salt and ground hazelnut together, set aside.
4. Stir coffee paste into coffee and set aside.
5. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
6. Slowly beat in egg until well combined.(If batter curdle add in some flour.)
7. Fold in flour and coffee alternately until well combined.
8. Scoop 1/4 of the cake batter into a small bowl and mix in cocoa powder.
9. Pour 1/2 of the plain batter into cake tin, drop some of chocolate batter on the plain batter.
10.Repeat the step again, use a knife and swirl it to make marble effects.
11.Bake in preheated oven for 45-50mins, if skewer comes out clean when inserted into cake then it done.
12.Leave cake to cool in tin for 10mins then remove it and cool on a wire rack.