Saturday, November 2, 2013
Pumpkin Brown Rice Congee
Recipe (1-2 serving)
50g brown rice (washed)
50g minced meat
100g pumpkin (without skin)
2 dried mushroom (soaked)
1. Pour brown rice and water into a small pot and bring it to a boil.
2. Put on lid, off the heat and let it sit for half an hour.
3. Cut off stalk of mushroom and diced it.
4. Cut pumpkin into small cubes.
5. With medium low heat, bring the pot of brown rice to a boil again.
6. Remove lid add in diced mushroom, stir and cook for 5mins.
7. Add in pumpkin cubes and cook for another 7-8mins.
8. Add in minced meat, stir and let it cook for further 12mins till pumpkin is soften and meat is cook though.
9. Lastly add in soy sauce and salt to taste.
10.Cover with lid, off heat and let it sit for a while for congee to thicken.
11.Serve in a bowl with dash of sesame oil.