Sunday, December 24, 2017
Pandan Seashell Cakes
50g caster sugar
60g butter (melted)
*(I had run out of butter so I used 52g butter and 2tsp of coconut oil.)
80g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
1/4tsp pandan paste
1tbsp pandan juice
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Grease and lightly flour seashell mold, knock off excess flour and set it aside.
3. Sift cake flour, salt and baking powder together, set aside.
4. Mix melted butter, milk, pandan juice and pandan paste together, set aside.
5. With a cake mixer, whisk eggs and sugar till light and fluffy.
6. Fold flour in 2 portions into egg batter and mix till well blended.
7. Pour butter mixture in 2 portions into cake batter and mix till well blended.
8. Fill each seashell well with batter till full.
9. Tap mold on tabletop to burst air bubbles in cake batter.
10.Bake in preheated oven for 12-14mins till golden brown.
11.Remove cakes from mold and cool it on a wire rack.