Sunday, December 3, 2017
Strawberry Jam Swiss Roll
3 egg white
55g castor sugar
4 egg yolk
40g cake flour
15g corn flour
45g butter (melted)
adequate homemade strawberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Lined and greased a 10" by 10" tray, set aside.
3. Sift cake flour, corn flour and salt together, set aside.
4. With a cake mixer, whisk egg whites until foamy.
5. Add in castor sugar gradually and whisk till stiff peaks form.
6. Switch mixer speed to medium, slowly add in egg yolks and whisk for another minute till well blended.
7. Fold flour into egg batter lightly in 3 portions until well blended.
8. Lastly, fold melted butter into batter until well blended.
9. Pour batter into prepared tray, spread out batter and smooth surface.
10.Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins.
11.Remove sponge from tray, peel off paper and cool it on a wire rack with crust facing up.
Assemble the sponge:
1. Carefully transfer sponge onto a greaseproof paper with skin facing down.
2. Spread jam onto sponge.
3. Gently roll sponge by using paper to lift and guide roll.
4. Rest roll in fridge to stabilize it shape.
5. Remove, slice and serve.