Thursday, June 11, 2009
Steamed Mini Donut Cakes
70g caster sugar
80g cake flour
25g green peas flour
1/2tbsp custard powder
1tsp double action baking powder
pinch of salt
few drops of vanilla essence
55g corn oil
few drops of green food colouring
1. Grease cup moulds and set aside.
2. Sift flour, green peas flour, custard powder, salt and baking powder together.
3. Whisk eggs, sugar and ovalette together until light and fluffy.
(Do the ribbon test: Use the whisk to spoon some batter, drip some into the mixing bowl. If it stay visible for a while then this is the right stage.)
4. Fold in the flour, vanilla essence and water alternately until combined.
5. Lastly fold in corn oil until well combined.
6. Scoop out some batter and mix in the green colouring.
7. Spoon 1tsp of green batter into the moulds.
8. Spoon the plain batter over it until 3/4 full.
9. Steam in a preheated steamer at high heat for 10mins till done.
10.Remove cakes from moulds and cool it a wire rack.