Monday, June 15, 2009
Cream Cheese Chiffon Cake
65g cream cheese
75g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
4 egg yolk
4 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
85g caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Cook butter, cream cheese and milk together over double-boiler until thicken.
3. Strain and set aside to cool.
4. Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
5. Use a hand whisk mix egg yolk and salt together.
6. Add in cream cheese mixture and whisk till combined.
7. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
8. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
9. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
10.Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
11.Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well combined.
12.Pour batter into a 21cm tube pan.
13.Bake in a preheated oven for 40-45mins.
14.Remove from oven, invert cake onto table until completely cool.
15.Remove cake from pan and serve.