Monday, June 8, 2009
Scorching Butter Chiffon Cake
Two months ago, I borrowed three recipes books from the library. So sad that most of the pages had been torn off.:( However I managed to copy down some of the recipes.
This recipe is from 'Chiffon Cake Book 44 recipes' by 福田淳子. Her recipe used lesser or no rising agent at all instead more egg whites is used to aid the cake rising process.
3 egg yolk
15g caster sugar
70g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
25g ground almond
4 egg white
65g caster sugar
pinch cream of tartar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Melt butter over low fire until slightly brown and gives off a nutty aroma.
3. Strain and set aside to cool.
4. Sift flour, baking powder and almond together, set aside.
5. Use a hand whisk mix egg yolk and sugar together.
6. Add in melted butter and water whisk till combined.
7. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
8. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
9. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
10.Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
11.Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well combined.
12.Pour batter into a 21cm tube pan.
13.Bake in a preheated oven for 35-40mins.
14.Remove from oven, invert cake onto table until completely cool.
15.Remove cake from pan and serve.