Thursday, June 4, 2009
Chocolate Custard Cream Cake
280g light brown sugar/brown sugar
1/2tsp chocolate paste
190g boiling water
45g cocoa powder
250g cake flour
1/2tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
1tsp instant coffee powder
50g custard powder
2tbsp cocoa powder
1tsp chocolate paste
1 egg yolk
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder together and set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Slowly beat in egg and chocolate paste until well combined.(If batter curdle add in some flour.)
5. Mix cocoa powder and boiling water together.
6. Beat in flour and cocoa mixture alternately until well combined.
7. Pour batter into a lined 8inches round tin.
9. Bake for 40-45mins, if skewer comes out clean when inserted into cake then it done.
10.Leave cake to cool in pan for 5mins then remove and cool on a wire rack.
1. Mix (B) together until well combined and set aside.
2. Boil (A) together until sugar dissolved.
3. Pour (A) into premix (B).
4. Return to the stove and cook over low fire until mixture thicken. (Stir mixture all the time and remove pot from the fire every now and then to prevent mixture turn lumpy.)
5. Add (C) and stir until smooth.
1. Slice away the top crust and slice the cake horizontally into two pieces.
2. Sandwich the cakes with the chocolate custard cream.
3. Cover the whole cake with the chocolate custard cream and smooth the surface.
4. Press a palette knife lightly on the surface of the cake and slide it from side to side to create pattern on the cake.
5. Chill in the fridge.