Monday, April 20, 2009
Marble Wheel Cake
250g egg white
2 egg yolk
50g cold water
1 1/2tsp ovalette
1tsp vanilla essence
200g cake flour }sieve
3/4tsp double-action baking powder }together
1 1/2tbsp condensed milk
170g butter (melted)
1tbsp chocolate paste
butter cream / jam
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Grease and lightly dust the wheel pan with flour, shake away excess flour and leave it aside.
3. Whisk (A) at low speed until mixture well combined.
4. Switch to high speed and beat until thick and fluffy. (Do the ribbon test: Use the whisk to spoon some batter, drip some into the mixing bowl. If it stay visible for a while then this is the right stage.)
5. Add in (B) mix well.
6. Scoop out 1/4 of the batter and fold in (C).
7. Scoop some plain batter into 2 halves of the wheel pan.
8. Spoon some chocolate batter over it, use a chopstick and swirl around the batter.
9. Repeat Steps no. 7 and 8.
10.Bake in a preheated oven for 40-45mins if skewer comes out clean when inserted into cake then it done.
11.Let cake cool in the tin for a while then remove and cool it on the wire rack.
12.Slice away the crust.
13.Spread the butter cream on one half of the wheel cake and place the other half over it.
14.Chill and slice.