Sunday, April 12, 2009
Strawberry Swiss Roll
I came across this recipe from 'Oh Taste' magazine, February issue. This is a simple and easy swiss roll recipe. The recipe used 2 egg whites and 4 egg yolks, and I disliked the after taste of the egg yolk. So I replaced the extra 2 egg yolks with 1 egg.
3 egg (separated)
55g self raising flour (sifted)
35g corn oil
1/2tsp strawberry paste
5-6pcs glace cherry (chopped)
100g whipped cream
adequate strawberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Lined and greased a 10" by 13" tray, sprinkle the chopped cherry on the tray and set aside.
3. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites until frothy.
4. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
5. Change the speed to medium and gradually add in the egg yolks and whisk for another 1min until well combined.
6. Fold the flour into the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well combined.
7. Lastly fold in the strawberry paste and oil into the batter until well combined.
8. Pour the batter in tray.
9. Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins.
10.Remove it from the pan and set aside to cool.
Assemble the cake:
1. Carefully transfer the cake onto a paper.
2. Spread the whipped cream on the cake, follow by the jam.
3. Gently roll the cake by using the paper to lift the cake and guide roll.
4. Rest the roll in the fridge to stabilize it shape.
5. Remove, slice and serve.