Sunday, April 12, 2009
Prunes and Walnut Cake
1/4tsp vanilla essence
330g cake flour
4tsp baking powder
90g prunes (cut into small pieces)
45g walnut (chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift flour and baking powder together, set aside.
3. Cream butter, salt and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Slowly beat in egg, honey and vanilla essence until well combined.(If batter curdle add in some flour.)
5. Fold in flour and milk alternately until well combined.
6. Lastly fold in the prunes and walnut.
7. Pour batter into a lined and greased 8" square tin.
8. Bake for 45-50mins, if skewer comes out clean when inserted into cake then it done.
9. Remove cake from tin and cool on a wire rack.