Thursday, April 16, 2009
3 egg (separated)
55g self raising flour (sifted)
35g corn oil
1/2tsp vanilla essence
45g brown sugar
40g whipping cream
200g whipping cream (whipped)
1tbsp bandy (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Lined and greased a 10" by 13" tray, set aside.
3. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites until frothy.
4. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
5. Change the speed to medium and gradually add in the egg yolks and whisk for another 1min until well combined.
6. Fold the flour into the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well combined.
7. Lastly fold in the vanilla essence and oil into the batter until well combined.
8. Pour the batter in tray.
9. Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins.
10.Remove it from the pan and set aside to cool.
1. Cook brown sugar, butter and whipping cream together until boil and thicken. (If syrup is over boil and too thick, just add 1tsp of whipping cream and stir till smooth.)
2. Set aside to cool.
3. Mix the syrup, bandy and whipped cream together until smooth. (Add half of the syrup first and taste, if you prefer sweeter then add more.)
1. Cut the thin sheet of cake into two or three pieces.
2. Sandwich them with the toffee cream.
3. Cut it into serving size and decorate as desire.