Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Molasses Sugar Swiss Roll
3 egg white
1tbsp castor sugar
65g molasses sugar (sift sugar first to get the fine grain then weigh the amount require for the recipe)
4 egg yolk
40g cake flour
15g corn flour
40g butter (melted)
1/4tsp vanilla paste
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Lined and greased a 10" by 13" tray, set aside.
3. Sift cake flour, corn flour and salt together, set aside.
4. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites until foamy.
5. Add in the castor sugar first then gradually add in the molasses sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
6. Change the speed to medium and slowly add in the egg yolks and whisk for another minute till well blended.
7. Fold the flour into the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well blended.
8. Mix vanilla paste into melted butter.
9. Lastly fold the melted butter into the batter until well blended.
10.Pour the batter in the prepared tray.
11.Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins.
12.Remove cake from tray and cool on a rack with the skin facing up.
Assemble the cake:
1. Carefully transfer the cake onto a greaseproof paper with the skin facing down.
2. Spread the buttercream on the cake.
3. Gently roll the cake by using the paper to lift the cake and guide roll.
4. Rest the roll in the fridge to stabilize it shape.
5. Remove, slice and serve.