Monday, June 7, 2010
Recipe from 'okashi sweet treats made with love' by Keiko Ishida.
400g unsalted butter (softened)
140g egg white
140g icing sugar
1tbsp orange or cherry liqueur (optional)
1. In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy.
2. Gradually add in the icing sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form but not dry, set aside.
3. Beat the butter until pale and creamy.
4. Add the meringue some at a time into the creamed butter and whisk until well blended then repeat procedure. (Make sure that the whipped butter and meringue are well mix together to avoid the buttercream separating.)
5. Add in orange or cherry liqueur and mix well.
6. Keep buttercream in an air tight container and store in the fridge.
Note: I made half of the recipe and yield about 320g of buttercream.