Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Lemon Tea Cake
150g icing sugar
3 egg (about 170g)
150g cake flour
1/2tsp baking powder
15g ground almond
2tsp tea dust ('Lipton' Red tea/Earl Grey)
25g lemon juice
1tsp grated lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift flour, ground almond, tea dust and baking powder together, set aside.
3. Cream butter, salt and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Slowly beat in egg until well combined.(If batter curdle add in some flour.)
5. Fold in flour, lemon juice, lemon zest and milk alternately until well combined.
6. Pour batter into a lined and greased loaf pan.
7. Bake for 50mins or when insert a skewer into cake and it came out clean then it done.
8. Remove cake from tin and cool on a wire rack.