Monday, June 14, 2010
Chocolate marble Bread
80g bread flour
55g boiling water
320g bread flour
15g milk powder
6g instant yeast
45g butter (cubes)
35g icing sugar
40g bread flour
10g cocoa powder
15g milk powder
1. Sift flour, cocoa powder and milk powder together and set aside.
2. Use a wooden spoon or spatula, cream butter and icing sugar until smooth.
3. Add in the sifted flour and mix until well combined.
4. Put filling into a plastic bag and press it into thin sheet.
5. Put it in the fridge to chill for 25mins or until it is firm but not harden. (Can prepare a day in advance and thaw it for 10mins before use.)
6. Break the fillings into small pieces and it ready to be use.
1. Add boiling water into the bread flour, mix until it form a dough.
2. Cover and set aside to cool.
3. Keep it in the fridge to rest for at least 12 hours.
1. Leave the gelatinized dough at room temperature to thaw for 10-15mins.
2. Mix (A) in a cake mixer with a dough hook attracted until well-blended.
3. Add (B) into the dry ingredients, beat at medium speed until it form a rough dough.
4. Tear the gelatinized dough into pieces, add into the dough and continue to beat until well-blended.
5. Lastly, add in (C) continue to beat until it form a smooth and elastic dough.
6. Cover dough and leave it to prove for 50mins.
7. Divide dough into 55g each.
8. On a lightly floured surface, mould it into round ball.
9. Cover and rest for another 10mins.
10.Pat the dough slightly flat, wrap in small piece of the filling and seal it. (Make sure it is properly sealed, if not the filling will ooze out during rolling.)
11.Flatten it and roll out the dough into oblong shape, don't press to hard while rolling as the filling will ooze out from the dough. (If filling started to ooze out during rolling, place dough in a tray, cover and rest in the fridge for 10-15mins.)
12.Use a pastry wheel to cut through vertically about 2mm apart from each cut.
13.Twist the dough into round shape and place it into a greased mould.
14.Cover and leave it to prove for 50mins until it doubled in size.
15.Preheat oven to 190C.
16.Brush surface with egg wash.
17.Bake in a preheated oven for 12-15mins until brown.
18.Remove bread and cool it on a wire rack.