Thursday, June 3, 2010
Maple Syrup Shortcake Biscuits
190g plain flour
1 1/2tsp baking powder
85g unsalted butter (cubes and chilled)
55g pure maple syrup
55g whipping cream
1/2tsp vanilla paste
adequate coarse sugar
1. Mix maple syrup, whipping cream and vanilla paste together and set aside.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together into a big bowl.
3. Rub-in butter into the flour mixture till it resemble bread crumb.
4. Pour in liquid mixture and mix till it become soft dough. (Add extra flour if the dough is wet.)
5. Cover and rest dough in the fridge for 15mins.
6. Preheat oven to 180C.
7. On a lightly floured surface roll out dough about 1/2inch thick.
8. Use a 1 1/2inches pastry cutter and cut out dough.
9. Arrange it on a greased tray.
10.Brush surface with egg wash and sprinkle some coarse sugar on it.
11.Bake in a preheated oven for 20mins until brown.
12.Remove from tray and cool on a wire rack.