Monday, May 3, 2010
Sweet Potato Crown Bread
Overnight Sponge Dough: (yield about 150g)
100g bread flour
60g water (room temperature)
1/4tsp instant yeast
300g bread flour
1 1/2tsp instant yeast
60g overnight sponge dough
120g sweet potato (steamed and mashed)
100g golden raisins
Overnight Sponge Dough:
1. Mix yeast with water until well-blended.
2. Add in flour and knead to form dough.
3. Cover and set aside to prove for 30mins.
4. After 30mins, keep it in the fridge to rest overnight or up to 48 hours.
1. Leave the sponge dough at room temperature to thaw for 10-15mins.
2. Mix (A) in a cake mixer with a dough hook attracted until well-blended.
3. Add (B) into the dry ingredients, beat at medium speed until it form a rough dough.
4. Add in (C) and continue to beat until well-blended.
5. Add in (D) continue to beat until it form a smooth and elastic dough.
6. Lastly, add in (E) and mix until well-blended.
7. Cover dough and leave it to prove for 50mins.
8. Divide dough into 12 or 14 equal portions.
9. On a lightly floured surface, mould it into round shape.
10.Arrange them in two greased 20cm or 21cm tube pan.
11.Cover and leave it to prove for 50mins or until it doubled in size.
12.Preheat oven to 190C.
13.Brush surface with egg wash and sprinkle top with some black sesame seeds.
14.Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20mins.
15.Remove bread from pan and cool it on a wire rack.