Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Black Glutinous Flour Chiffon Cake
I like to say 'Thanks:)' to DG from Tested and Tasted, for sharing her black glutinous flour and recipe with me. However I made half the portion from the recipe and made some changes to it.
4 egg yolk
50g thick coconut milk ('Kara' brand packet coconut milk)
1/2tsp vanilla paste
2tbsp veg. oil
35g cake flour
45g black glutinous flour
1/4tsp baking powder
3 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift flour, black glutinous flour and baking powder together, set aside.
3. Whisk egg yolk, salt and sugar together until well blended.
4. Add in oil, coconut milk and vanilla paste and whisk till combined.
5. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
6. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
7. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till medium stiff peaks form.
8. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
9. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well combined.
10.Pour batter into a 20cm tube pan.
11.Put into a preheated oven and bake for 40mins.
12.Remove from oven, invert cake onto table until completely cool.