Wednesday, May 26, 2010
120g caster sugar
5 egg yolk
300g cake flour
1/2tsp baking powder
5 egg white
100g caster sugar
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
3. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites till frothy.
4. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks but not dry, set aside.
5. In another mixing bowl, cream butter, salt and sugar until light and fluffy.
6. Slowly beat in egg yolk and vanilla essence until well combined.
7. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the butter mixture until combined.
8. Then fold in the rest of the meringue and flour alternately until well combined.
9. Pour batter into a lined and greased 8inches square tin.
10.Bake in a preheated oven for 40-45mins.
11.Remove cake from tin and cool on a wire rack.