Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Raspberry Chiffon Cake
3 egg yolk
40g corn oil
70g raspberry filling } mix
50g hot water } together
90g cake flour
1/8tsp baking powder
3 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift flour and baking powder together, set aside.
3. Use a hand whisk mix egg yolk and sugar together.
4. Add in oil and raspberry mixture, whisk till combined.
5. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
6. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
7. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
8. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
9. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well combined.
10.Pour batter into a 21cm tube pan.
11.Put into a preheated oven and bake for 40mins.
12.Remove from oven, invert cake onto table until completely cool.
13.Remove from pan and serve.