Thursday, March 5, 2009

Raisins Buns



Recipe

Ingredients
(Basic Sweet Buns Dough)
200g bread flour
100g plain flour
6g instant yeast
55g sugar
140g milk
1 egg
1/2tsp salt
45g butter

100g raisins } soak for 5mins
1tsp water } then squeeze out liquid

Steps:
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixer, except butter and rasins.
2. Beat at medium speed until it form a dough and add in the butter.
3. Continue to beat until it form a smooth and elastic dough.
4. Cover the dough and let it prove for 45-60mins.
5. Flatten the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead in the raisins.
6. Divide dough into about 55g each portion and rest for another 10mins.
7. Shape into round ball and arrange it on a greased tray.
8. Cover and leave to prove for 45mins until it doubled in size.
9. Preheat oven to 190C.
10.Brush surface with milk and bake in a preheated oven for 10mins until buns is brown.
11.Remove buns from tin, brush surface with butter and cool on a wire rack.

Note: You can use this basic sweet buns dough to make any types of buns of your choice. If you prefer a softer buns, just add 1/2tsp of bread improver or softener.

21 comments:

Food For Tots said...

My son is a big fan for raisin. These buns will definitely be his favourite. Looks better than those in the bakery shop!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

May I know why need to soap the raisin n squeezed out the liquid?

thanks n regards

May

Happy Flour said...

Hi Food for Tots,

This is also my son favourite.
Home bake bread smell nicer and more healthy. :)

Happy Flour said...

Hi anonymous,

Soak the raisins to puffy it up and it will not burn easily when bake. Squeeze out excess liquid so that the bread will not be moist.

Kitchen Corner said...

The buns look like very very soft oh... :P

Happy Flour said...

Hi Kitchen Corner,

Actually, the Chocolate Chips Coffee Buns is softer.

Darren/TeeJay said...

Hi,

may I know the bread flour you've mentioned here are high protein flour(高筋面粉) that we usually used to make bread? or a special flour?

thanks n regards,
TeeJay

E. said...

Hi Happy Flour,
I just made these buns today and they are so soft and good. thank you for the recipe. I was wondering if i could put it up on my blog. I know you said on the bottom of your blog to link back, but is it ok if I change the writing and stuff and link back? Thanks in advance.

Happy Flour said...

Hi Esther,

Yes, no problem just go ahead. Happy baking. :)

yennie said...

Hi, can i know if i need to melt the butter or cut it into smaller pieces then add to the dough?
thanks
yennie

Happy Flour said...

Hi Yennie,

Cut the butter into small pieces and drop it into the dough.

Anonymous said...

Hi...
I saw your cinnamon roll and thought i read somewhere you mentioned to use this basic sweet bun dough (which seems easy enough! :) Was going to try this till I read...

... You say, "To mix all the ingredients (except butter)...'... won't the salt / sugar kill the yeast if we simply mix them?...

Thanks!

j_o

Happy Flour said...

Hi J_o,

Don't worry, as long you don't add salt directly into yeast it won't kill it. If you are worry then add it together with butter.

Anonymous said...

hi Tx!

Shall try that. Just a side note... I'm not sure if it's unique to me, but your blog page takes a v-e-r-y long time to load. Perhaps it's too heavy... ?

Thought just to let you know... tx!

...

Happy Flour said...

Hi Anonymous,

What does it mean too heavy? Can you help me out as I'm not good in computer. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi

I'm so sorry that I missed your question! I assume heavy to mean that the pictures are of high resolution, hence a long time to load.

Would that mean something to you? Usually when I load pictures onto Internet, I reduce the resolution, ie. Jpg file size.

caryn wangsa said...

how long do i need to beat it after i add in the butter??

caryn wangsa said...

how long do i need to beat the dough after i add in the butter??

Happy Flour said...

Hi Caryn Wangsa,

After butter added, beat about 10-15mins or till it elastic that will depend on your mixer.

dd said...

instead of using mixer can i used bread maker to make the dough with this recipe?

Happy Flour said...

Hi DD,

You can try using bread maker to knead the dough if your bread maker is powerful enough as I had tried it before and in the end I had to hand knead till it elastic. I owned a kenwood bread maker and it in the storeroom now.