Thursday, March 5, 2009
(Basic Sweet Buns Dough)
200g bread flour
100g plain flour
6g instant yeast
100g raisins } soak for 5mins
1tsp water } then squeeze out liquid
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixer, except butter and rasins.
2. Beat at medium speed until it form a dough and add in the butter.
3. Continue to beat until it form a smooth and elastic dough.
4. Cover the dough and let it prove for 45-60mins.
5. Flatten the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead in the raisins.
6. Divide dough into about 55g each portion and rest for another 10mins.
7. Shape into round ball and arrange it on a greased tray.
8. Cover and leave to prove for 45mins until it doubled in size.
9. Preheat oven to 190C.
10.Brush surface with milk and bake in a preheated oven for 10mins until buns is brown.
11.Remove buns from tin, brush surface with butter and cool on a wire rack.
Note: You can use this basic sweet buns dough to make any types of buns of your choice. If you prefer a softer buns, just add 1/2tsp of bread improver or softener.