Monday, March 2, 2009
Chocolate Chips Coffee Buns
250g bread flour
15g milk powder
1/3tsp bread improver (optional)
110g chocolate milk
3-4tsp Nescafe coffee powder
30g chocolate chips
1. Warm up chocolate milk and stir in the coffee powder until it dissolved.
2. Leave it aside to cool.
3. Combine all ingredients in a mixer, except butter and chocolate chips.
4. Beat at medium speed until it form a dough and add in the butter.
5. Continue to beat until it form a smooth and elastic dough.
6. Cover the dough and let it prove for 45-60mins.
7. Flatten the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead in the chocolate chips.
8. Divide dough into 8 pieces about 65g each portion.
9. Roll into round shape, cover and rest for another 10mins.
10.Use a rolling pin and roll out the dough into rectangular shape.
11.Roll up into a swiss roll and place it in a greased 8inches square tin.
12.Cover and leave to prove for 45mins until it doubled in size.
13.Preheat oven to 190C.
14.Brush surface with milk and bake in a preheated oven for 10mins until buns is brown.
15.Remove buns from tin, brush surface with butter and cool on a wire rack.