Saturday, March 14, 2009
300g steamed sweet potato (mashed)
100g glutinous rice flour
80g tapioca flour
100g gula melaka (chopped)
1 grated coconut
pinch of salt
1. Mix gula melaka and sugar together and set aside.
2. Mix grated coconut and salt together, steamed for 10mins and set aside.
3. Mix glutinous rice flour, tapioca flour and sugar together.
4. Knead the sweet potato and water into the flour mixture until it form a soft dough. (Add some water at a time. You may need more or less water as it depend on the moisture of sweet potato.)
5. Grab some dough and roll it into a ball.
6. With your thumb, make a hollow in the dough.
7. Spoon some gula melaka into the hollow and seal opening.
8. Shape it into balls and place it on a tray.
9. Cook the glutinous balls in boiling hot water until it start floating on the water.
10.Stir and cook for another 2mins.
11.Scoop out the glutinous balls and drain away the water.
12.Roll them on the grated coconut and serve.