Monday, July 20, 2009
You can buy Ume Plum paste from Kitchen Capers retail shop.
2 egg yolk
30g corn oil
1tbsp Ume Plum paste
60g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
2 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
40g cranberries (chopped and dust with some flour)
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Line a muffins tray with paper cups and set aside.
3. Sift flour and baking powder together, set aside.
4. Use a hand whisk mix egg yolk, sugar and salt together.
5. Add in oil, Ume Plum paste and milk, whisk till combined.
6. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
7. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
8. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
9. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
10.Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well combined.
11.Spoon batter into a piping bag.
12.Then pipe it into paper cups until 80% full.
13.Put into a preheated oven and bake for 15-20mins.
14.Remove cupcakes from tray and cool it on a wire rack.
Note: Cupcakes will shrink slightly after cool.