Friday, July 24, 2009
Light Chocolate Cheesecake
120g chocolate milk
150g cream cheese
10g cocoa powder
40g cake flour }sift
10g corn flour }together
4 egg yolk
4 egg white
1. Line the base of a 8.5"/9" round springform baking tin with grease proof paper and set aside.
2. Double-boil milk, cocoa powder, cream cheese, butter and sugar until cream cheese has melted completely.
3. Remove from stove and set aside to cool.
4. Preheat oven to 150C. (Don't preheat the oven too early as the oven will be too hot.)
5. Strain the mixture into a bigger mixing bowl.
6. Whisk egg yolk into the cream cheese mixture until well combined.
7. Follow by the flour mixture, whisk until smooth batter.
8. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites till frothy.
9. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till soft peaks form.
10.Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the cream cheese mixture until combined.
11.Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well combined.
12.Pour batter into the prepared cake tin, wrap the base and surrounding of the tin with 2 layers of foil or sit the cake tin in another bigger tin.
13.Steam-bake cheesecake in a preheated oven for 55-60mins.
14.Leave the cheesecake to cool in the oven for 1hr with the door ajar.
15.Remove cake from tin and cool on the wire rack.
Note: If cheesecake have some hairline cracks. Don't worry, it will close up when it cool.