Sunday, July 5, 2009
Polka Dot Roll
3 egg (separated)
55g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
35g corn oil
1/2tsp vanilla paste
adequate chocolate chips
adequate butter cream }mix
adequate hazelnut spread }together
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Lined and greased a 10" by 13" tray, sprinkle the chocolate chips on the tray and set aside.
3. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites until frothy.
4. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
5. Change the speed to medium and gradually add in the egg yolks and whisk for another 1min until well combined.
6. Shift the cake flour and baking powder together into the cake batter in 3 portions and fold in lightly.
7. Lastly fold in the vanilla paste and oil into the batter until well combined.
8. Pour the batter in tray.
9. Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins.
10.Remove it from the pan and set aside to cool.
Assemble the cake:
1. Carefully transfer the cake onto a greaseproof paper with the crust side facing up.
2. Spread the cream on the cake.
3. Gently roll the cake by using the paper to lift the cake and guide roll.
4. Rest the roll in the fridge to stabilize it shape.
5. Remove, slice and serve.