Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Maple Syrup Chiffon Cake
3 egg yolk
35g corn oil
65g maple syrup
90g cake flour
1/8tsp baking powder
3 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift flour and baking powder together, set aside.
3. Use a hand whisk mix egg yolk and maple syrup together.
4. Add in oil and milk, whisk till combined.
5. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
6. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
7. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
8. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
9. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in 3 portions until well combined.
10.Pour batter into a 20cm tube pan.
11.Put into a preheated oven and bake for 35-40mins.
12.Remove from oven, invert cake onto table until completely cool.
13.Remove from pan and serve.