Monday, December 22, 2008
Steamed Peach Yoghurt Cake
80g fine sugar
105g cake flour
1/2tsp baking powder
1/4tsp baking soda
50g peach yoghurt
1/4tsp peach essence
60g butter (melted)
3pcs apricot (finely chopped)
few drops of orange food colouring
1. Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together and set aside.
2. Whisk the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy.(Do the ribbon test: Use the whisk to spoon some batter, drip some into the mixing bowl. If it stay visible for a while then this is the right stage.)
3. Lightly fold in the flour, yoghurt and essence alternately.
4. Lastly fold in the melted butter and apricot. (You can sprinkle the apricot on top of the cake batter instead of folding into the batter.)
5. Scoop out some batter, add in the orange colouring and pour it into a piping bag.
6. Scoop the plain batter into another piping bag and set aside.
7. Lined and grease a 7inches round tin.
8. Place a 2 1/2inches ring and a 4 1/2inches ring in the cake tin.
9. Pipe some plain batter into the smaller ring.
10.Then pipe the orange batter around the second ring.
11.Lastly pipe the plain batter around the outer ring.
12.Slowly remove the rings.
13.Cover with foil and steam at high heat for 45mins.
14.Remove cake and cool on a wire rack.