Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Yesterday, I baked this Gingerbread Cookies. My son and I had a great fun decorating the cookies. I did the icing and he did most of the decoration works. Both my sons enjoyed this homemade gingerbread cookies and they even gave a thumbs up for it.
Normally, those gingerbread cookies which we bought from the bakery shop has a strong spices taste so children don't really like them. For this recipe, I cut down on the spices and I used Brer Rabbit brand Mild Flavor Molasses which give a nice caramel taste to the cookies. Yummy...yummy. :)
Ingredients (yield 28 cookies)
80g light brown sugar
445g plain flour
1tsp baking soda
1/2tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/4tsp ground ginger
1. Sift flour, baking soda and spices together and set aside.
2. Cream butter, sugar and salt together until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg slowly into the cream mixture. (If mixture curdle, add in some flour.)
4. Fold in the flour and molasses alternately until well combined.(Add in some flour if dough is too wet. Dough must be soft but not sticky.)
5. Rest dough in the fridge for 15mins.
6. Preheat oven to 180C.
7. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface.
8. Use a cookies cutter and cut out the dough.
9. Place it on a greased tray and bake for 10-12mins depend on the thickness of your cookies.
10.Remove cookies and cool on a wire rack.
11.Decorate it with icing sugar, candy and chocolate.
12.Leave icing sugar to dry before pack them in an airtight container.