Monday, December 15, 2008
120g cooking chocolate (chopped)
65g brown sugar/fine sugar
4 eggs (lightly beaten)
1/4tsp vanilla essence
110g cake flour
30g cocoa powder
1/2tsp baking soda
50g walnuts (toasted and chopped)
35g chocolate chips
80g whipping cream
160g cooking chocolate (chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt together and set aside.
3. Melt butter and chocolate in a double-boiler over a simmering water.
4. Remove from heat, stir in sugar until dissolved.
5. Add in milk, vanilla essence and beaten eggs.
6. Use a hand whisk, fold in the sifted flour mixture and walnuts.
7. Pour half of the batter into a 7inch lined and greased square tin.
8. Scatter the chocolate chips around and pour the remaining batter over it.
9. Bake in a preheated oven for 30 to 35mins.
10.Remover brownies from tin and cool on a wire rack.
1. Melt chocolate, butter and whipping cream together in a double-boiler over a simmering water.
2. Leave to cool.
Assemble the brownies:
1. Spread the ganache on the brownies and decorate as desired.
2. Cut into small pieces and serve.