Monday, December 1, 2008
Chocolate Sponge Shells
15g cocoa powder
1/2tsp chocolate emulco
75g cake flour
1/4tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Melt butter, stir in cocoa powder and chocolate emulco together and set aside.
3. Sift flour, salt and baking powder together into a cake mixer bowl.
4. Add in egg, sugar, ovalette and milk.
5. Whisk until thick and glossy. (Do the ribbon test: Use the whisk to spoon some batter, drip some into the mixing bowl. If it stay visible for a while then this is the right stage.)
6. Fold in the cocoa paste.
7. Grease and lightly flour a shell tray.
8. Fill up the cavity of the tray with batter. (If batter is thick, the batter wouldn't overflow during baking. It will give a nice dome shape.)
9. Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25mins.
10.Remove and cool on a wire rack.