Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Sweet Potato Kueh
Sweet potato layer
23og sweet potato (steamed)
110g tapioca flour
225g coconut milk
50g tapioca flour
25g rice flour
230g coconut milk
Sweet potato layer:
1. Put steamed sweet potato, sugar and salt into a blender and blend until puree.
2. Add in tapioca flour and coconut milk and blend until well combined.
3. Pour mixture into a greased 6" square tin and steam at high heat for 15-20mins.
1. Use a spoon and mix all the ingredients together. (Stir slowly, do not whisk.)
2. Strain and set aside.
1. Pour the coconut mixture over the steamed sweet potato layer and steam for another 10-15mins.
2. Quickly lift away the lid, so that water droplets won't drop onto the kueh causing a wet and sticky surface.
3. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
4. Remove kueh from tin and slice.