Monday, September 1, 2008
Logan Agar-agar Mooncake
150g logan syrup
1 1/2tbsp sugar
1 1/2tsp agar-agar powder
15-20pcs logan (diced)
a drop of yellow food colouring (optional)
3tsp agar-agar powder
150g soya bean milk
1. Boil water, syrup, sugar and agar-agar powder together until sugar and agar-agar powder dissolved.
2. Stir in the logan and colouring.
3. Pour into a mould and leave to set.
4. Remove agar-agar from mould, use a fork to scratch on it surface. (This allow the filling to stick onto the pastry.)
1. Boil water, sugar and agar-agar powder together until sugar and agar-agar powder dissolved.
2. Add in the soya bean milk and bring to a boil again.
3. Remove from fire and leave it aside.
Assemble the agar-agar:
1. Scoop some pastry agar-agar into a bowl and add in a drop of food colouring of your choice. (You may use more than one colours.)
2. Leave the balance plain.
3. Fill the design in the mould with 1 to 2tsp of coloured agar-agar.
4. Leave it for a while.
5. When you touch the surface if it is sticky then gently spoon the plain agar-agar over it until 1/4 full. (Do a mould at a time as the agar-agar set very fast.)
6. Let it half set then place the filling onto the agar-agar.
7. Fill up the mould with the plain agar-agar.
8. Leave it to set and chill in the fridge.
9. Loosen the side of the agar-agar, invert it and gentle press the agar-agar out of the mould.