Monday, September 1, 2008
Chocolate Swiss Roll
50g fine sugar
1tbsp cocoa powder
1 1/4tbsp hot water
1/4tsp chocolate emulco
50g cake flour
10g corn flour
100g whipping cream(whipped)
blueberry pie filling
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Dissolve cocoa powder with the hot water, add in the chocolate emulco and leave it aside.
3. Sift the cake flour and corn flour together and leave it aside.
4. Use a cake mixer to whisk the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
(Do the ribbon test: Use the whisk to spoon some batter, drip some into the mixing bowl. If it stay visible for a while then this is the right stage.)
5. Gently fold in the cocoa mixture, follow by the flour.
6. Lastly fold in the melted butter until well combined.
7. Spread batter in a line and greased 10" x 13" tray.
8. Bake in a preheated oven for 10mins.
9. Remove cake from tray immediately and cool on a rack with the skin facing up.
Assemble the cake:
1. Carefully transfer the cake onto a paper with the skin facing down.
2. Spread the whipped cream on the cake follow by the blueberry pie filling.
3. Gently roll the cake by using the paper to lift the cake and guide roll.
4. Rest the roll in the fridge to stabilize it shape.
5. Remove, slice and serve.