Saturday, September 6, 2008
50g fine sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2tsp vanilla essence
100g plain flour
1tbsp milk powder
1/4tsp baking soda
40g hazelnut (chopped)
40g pistachio nut (chopped)
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven at 175C.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Slowly beat in the egg yolk and vanilla essence until well combined.
4. Sift the flour, milk powder, baking soda and salt together.
5. Fold in the flour mixture into Step 3 and mix to form a soft dough.
6. At this stage you may add in some milk if dough is too dry or add in some flour if dough is too wet.
7. Pinch some dough and shape into round ball.
8. Arrange them on a greased tray.
9. Use a fork to press the balls flat to create pattern on it.
10.Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25mins until firm.
11.Cool on wire rack and keep in an airtight containers.