Thursday, September 4, 2008
Pandan Snow Skin Mooncake
105g kao fen (cooked glutinous rice flour)
95g icing sugar
1tbsp fresh milk/evaporated milk
60g pandan juice
1/2tsp pandan essence
400g lotus paste
50g tapioca flour/Hong Kong flour
(steamed for 10mins, cool and sift twice)
1. Sift kao fen and icing sugar together.
2. Rub in shortening into the flour mixture until it resemble bread crumb.
3. Mix all the liquid and essence together.
4. Add in liquid mixture into the flour mixture and mix to form soft dough. Do not overmix. (You may need more or less liquid depend on the quality of the flour. Dough will look rough but soft in texture.)
5. Cover the dough and rest in the fridge for 15mins.
1. Divide the lotus paste into 10 portions of 40g each.
2. Roll them into balls.
1. Divide dough into 10 portions of 37g each.
2. Dust the surface, rolling pin and mould lightly with flour.
3. Roll out the dough, leave the centre slightly thicker than the edge.
4. Wrap the dough with the lotus paste and seal the edges.
5. Press into the mould and plunge it out slowly.
6. Use a brush to brush away excess flour around the mooncake.
7. Chill in the fridge and serve.
Note: Weight of the skin and filling depend on the size of the mould.