Monday, September 22, 2008
Steamed Mini Pandan Cake
75g caster sugar
100g cake flour
1tsp double action baking powder
65g thick coconut milk
1tbsp pandan juice
1/2tsp pandan essence
few drops of green food colouring
1. Grease cup moulds, place some raisins in it and set aside.
2. Sift flour and baking powder together, set aside.
3. Whisk eggs, sugar and ovalette together until light and fluffy.
(Do the ribbon test: Use the whisk to spoon some batter, drip some into the mixing bowl. If it stay visible for a while then this is the right stage.)
4. Fold in the flour, coconut milk and the remaining ingredients, mix well.
5. Spoon batter into moulds till 90% full.
6. Steam in a preheated steamer at high heat for 10mins till done.
7. Remove from moulds and cool on a wire rack.