Monday, June 25, 2012
Pandan Chiffon Cake
3 egg yolk
1 1/2tbsp veg. oil
20g pandan juice
50g coconut milk
1/4tsp pandan paste
75g cake flour
3 egg white
1/4tsp cream of tartar
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Sift flour and set aside.
3. Use a hand whisk mix egg yolk, sugar and salt together.
4. Add in oil, pandan juice, pandan paste and coconut milk, whisk till combined.
5. Add in flour and stir until batter is smooth.
6. Use a cake mixer and whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar till frothy.
7. Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks form.
8. Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into the egg yolk mixture until combined.
9. Then fold in the rest of the meringue lightly in two portions lightly until well combined.
10.Pour batter into a 20cm tube pan, smooth surface.
11.Place pan into a preheated oven and bake for 35-40mins.
12.Remove from oven, invert cake onto table top and leave it cool.
13.Remove cake from pan and enjoy.