Wednesday, June 20, 2012
300g glutinous rice (soak overnight)
1tbsp pandan juice
few drop of green food colouring
3blades pandan leaves
4pcs banana leaves (about A4 size paper)
100g grated white coconut
100g palm sugar (chopped)
2blades pandan leaves
1. Scald banana leaves till soft, clean and set aside.
2. Mix salt into grated white coconut and steam for 10mins, set aside to cool.
3. Pour sugar, palm sugar, water and pandan leaves into a sauce pan.
4. Simmer till sugar and palm sugar dissolved, set aside to cool.
5. Mix pandan juice, salt, green colouring and water together.
6. Mix into drained glutinous rice and place pandan leaves on the surface.
7. Steam glutinous rice in a preheated steamer at high heat for 15mins till half cook.
8. Place 2pcs of banana leaves overlapping each other on counter top, scoop 1/2 portion of the glutinous rice onto banana leaf.
9. Roll it up firmly, tie two ends with raffia string tightly. (repeat steps no.6 and 7 for the balance glutinous rice)
10.Prepare 3/4 pot of boiling water.
11.Place bundles into boiling water and cook over medium high heat for 90mins till cooked.
12.Dish out and set aside to cool.
13.When cool, wet a sharp knife and cut the kuih lopes into serving sizes.
14.Remove banana leaves, coat kuih lopes with grated coconut and serve with palm sugar syrup.