Thursday, June 14, 2012
Rock Melon Sago Dessert (哈蜜瓜西米露)
This is my own version of Rock Melon Sago Dessert.
I'm submitting my post to Aspiring Bakers #20: Asian dessert buffet! (June 2012) hosted by Moon of Food Playground.
1/2 rock melon (about 850g)
1. Wash and drain sago.
2. Cook sago with water till sago turn translucent.
3. Drain and wash sago with cold water, set aside.
4. Remove skin and seed from rock melon.
5. Cut two slices of rock melon, diced it and set aside.
6. Cut balance of rock melon into big chunks.
7. Blend it together with 1/3cup of water till puree.
8. Strain puree and stir in honey.
9. Add in diced rock melon and sago.
10.Chill in fridge and serve.
Note: You can add more honey if you prefer sweeter, add more water if you prefer a more dilute puree. Instead of honey, you can boil some sugar syrup and
add into rock melon puree.